Heavy Rains in Elletsville, IN
Heavy rains with failed sump pumps have been a major concern for home owners in the area. There are a few ways to help keep water out of your basement but it's always good to know the water damage experts at SERVPRO of Bloomington are here just in case.
A few things to check before the next big rain include:
- Make sure drainage, gutters and downspouts are cleared of any debris.
- Adding extensions off of downspouts to ensure water is flowing away from your home
- Testing sump pumps at least once a month to make sure they are still working
- Make sure sump pump plumbing is also ejecting water far away from the house
- Making sure all debris is cleared from the roof and make sure to have your roof inspected annually.
Of course if your water takes on any water from flooding from the inside or out, SERVPRO of Bloomington is here to help. Got water damage? Call 812-824-2027.