“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
When dealing with mold, it's best just to call professionals, like us at SERVPRO of Bloomington. When trying to take care of the problem yourself, you may not remove it completely or the right way. Did you know, bleach does NOT kill mold? Bleach can actually contribute to mold growth. The trusted and experienced SERVPRO of Bloomington, is here to educate you on this topic: a common misconception: bleach + mold.
If you suspect mold at your residential or commercial property, please know that bleach is not the solution. It may seem like an inexpensive way to remove your mold problem, but, with the use of bleach, you could be causing more harm than good.
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Here at SERVPRO of Bloomington, our technicians are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs. Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
Now that you’ve been educated on this topic, call the mold specialists, SERVPRO of Bloomington at 812-824-2027. We’ll make that mold damage at your home or business "Like it never even happened."
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (812) 824-2027
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (812) 824-2027
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Bloomington is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2110 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: