How To Tell If Your Water Heater Is Failing
Its something we never really check on yet we depend on it every day. It's our water heater. We've recently seen several calls for water and even mold remediation after a water heater failure.
From a lack of hot water, small leaks and even a whole house full of water, there are several ways to know before it goes:
- From no hot water or inconsistent hot water availability
- You notice any water around the water heater
- Reduction of hot water flow
- Odd odors or discolored water
- Any sounds out of the ordinary
- Older water heater units
Unfortunately what we see the most is large amounts of water into the home from a failed water heater.
It's not only the water that is the concern, it's the chance of mold forming in those areas as well.